Has any one read this book?

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Has any one read this book?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jason 13 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Jason

Has anyone read the book Running Within. I heard some people talking about it and just wondering if anyone has read it and there thoughts on the book.

Zeke

Jason,

I have it and was actually thinking of reading it on my way to St. Louis this weekend, since I can’t remember if I read it or not. Jerry Lynch is one of the authors and I really like two his other books; The Total Runner is out of print, but I just saw on amazon.com that you can get a used copy for about $2.50, Thinking Body, Dancing Mind: Taosports for Extraordinary Performance in Athletics, Business, and Life is also pretty good, but it’s not running specific and it takes a more Eastern philosophical and religious approach. However, the principles can definitely be tied back into running. As I’ve mentioned here before, my all time favorite mental toughness book is The Competitive Edge: Mental Toughness Training for Distance Runners by Richard Elliott. Again, this title is out of print. It used to be available on trackandfieldnews.com so you might want to check back often. I also told a friend about it and a week later he found an older edition on ebay.

My recommendation would be to buy The Total Runner for a few bucks and see if you like that. If I’m able to read Running Within this weekend, I’ll let you know my thoughts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.