Hey Randy, How’d the 18 miler go?

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Hey Randy, How’d the 18 miler go?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff 14 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Jeff

How was the abdominal pain? Were you able to finish?

Jeff

randys
    Participant

It went really well. The weather helped a lot! It was mid 40’s, overcast, low winds, just about perfect for a long run. In the morning I’ll be doing 9 in the rain. I’m glad I switched these 2 runs around. I don’t mind running in the rain but if I have a choice would rather do the shorter run that way.

I ran the first 6 somewhat slower than usual to see if the discomfort would diminish and make sure I felt good. After that the only reminder that anything was unusual was the feeling that I needed to urinate. This lasted throughout the run.

Maybe its a bladder infection, or maybe I bruised my bladder. I plan to see my doctor about it during the week. I doubt its running related (unless it’s a bruise), perhaps I’m even lucky that I feel discomfort while running otherwise I may not have decided to get it checked this soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Looks like the cold weather will be here in a few days (I’m in the north east). Can’t complain too much. It was pretty mild most of December.

Randy

Jeff

That’s good to hear.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.