Hope you return,

Welcome! Forums Non-Running Forum Hope you return,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TrackMom 14 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

TrackMom

It sucks what happened, but I just wanted to let you know that the troll has been banned. Rodale is suppose to be in touch, if they haven’t already.

At least I know were to look, should you not return and I am ever in need of some good training advice. 😀

Anonymous

I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ryan
    Keymaster

TrackMom and DancingBear, I appreciate your support, as well as the support of the others I have heard from. Unfortunately, things do go much deeper than just this troll and his publicly viewable actions. I could have dealt with this single occurrence if that was all there was to it. However, due to my posting on those other forums, I had been receiving numerous harrassments, especially in the past few weeks, most likely from the same person. Some of those got quite personal and went beyond just attacking myself to attacking those who are close to me, including some racist and very derogatory statements. These continual attacks had affected my mood, which left me with a short temper when talking with those who truly matter to me and that affected my personal relationships.

No forum anywhere on the Internet is worth negatively affecting your personal life. At the very least, I have to get out of there for a while to let things cool off. Once that happens and if the moderators truly take action (I got an e-mail that he was banned last week but have heard his posts continued into this week) I may consider returning. However, I have a lot of things right now that are much more important than deciding whether I will return to a forum where, at times, it seems like all I get out of the forum is abuse.

Anonymous

Very true, Ryan, and racist comments are inappropriate, certainly. Joel is an imbecile. I think he might even be retarted a little, or something. At the very least, he is mentally ill. I am truly sorry for all of the problems. Your site is great! I am still plugging away as a beginner. I am volunteering tomorrow at Ontario Shore Marathon in Rochester NY. I think I will have a lot of fun at mile 20 passing out H2O and gatorade. 😀

puffintoad

🙁

Things have been awfully quiet over in RT lately, and what little action there has been hasn’t been worth reading. This is all thanks to joelcandude. He’s causing everyone to seek refuge from his annoying bashing. He can’t come over here, can he? I wish things weren’t so difficult for you there; it’s a nice site, and it’s the first place I ever posted. I hope things clear up there soon.

You have a cool website, by the way.

Ryan
    Keymaster
    puffintoad wrote:
    This is all thanks to joelcandude. He’s causing everyone to seek refuge from his annoying bashing. He can’t come over here, can he?

I noticed he was back. I won’t deny going with avoidance tactics myself. He’s a punk and every post he makes is full of evidence. He technically can come over here and I heard that he has claimed to at least come here to read posts. However, he would not be wise to post here because I will take action if trollish type behavior occurs here and, due to his history elsewhere, I will have a short hook with him.

puffintoad wrote:
    I wish things weren’t so difficult for you there; it’s a nice site, and it’s the first place I ever posted.

First place I ever posted (or lurked, for that matter) also. In fact, when I started posting there the first time, I don’t know if any of the other popular running forums existed. There were probably others out there but they were pretty much off the map.

puffintoad wrote:
    You have a cool website, by the way.

Well, thanks. 😳 I appreciate the vote of confidence. 🙂

runnerdude

Not sure if you’ve seen this, but there is a post from joel in rw’s training forum in which he used hillrunner without capitalizing the “h”. I didn’t think that was possible. I hope no one thinks it’s you.

Runnin Rat

OK guys, I am very new to this site, I drop by every couple of days, so, obviously I am clueless as to what has happened. Can someone fill me in in possible.

At any rate, it sounds like it was not good and for that Ryan, I am truly sorry. There is nothing worse than having someone attack you, unless it is having them attack those close to you. I hope this ends quickly for you.

Unfortunately, I did see a post on RW that was from hillrunner and did think it was you. Just so you know….. 😥

Again, sorry! Keep up the good work you do!

puffintoad

Oh, there was just some guy on several forums that has been following Ryan around, harrassing him. It was just an annoyance, but it went way too far when he started posing as “hillrunner” and being obsene and abusive. I don’t know any more than that, and what I saw over at Running Times. He likes to write things just to get people to fight with him. I am surprised he is not banned from every site he visits.

Ryan
    Keymaster
    Runnin Rat wrote:
    Unfortunately, I did see a post on RW that was from hillrunner and did think it was you. Just so you know….. 😥

I believe the last post I made there and the last time I even visited those forums was the morning of April 23rd. I haven’t even gone back to see what the response to that final post was. The last time I posted on anything other than trying to ask the moderators to take action would probably have been from around April 19th or 20th. If the post you saw was made after those dates, it surely was not me. Unfortunately, I don’t think you’re the only one who thinks the posts this idiot is making are from me but I am tired of being concerned about what is going on there. I used to be concerned that this punk was ruining my image. Now, I guess I decided to have faith that those who really care to know will know what advice is coming from me and those who can’t see the slander tactics from miles away don’t really care to know me anyway.

runnerdude

Unfortunately, I did see a post on RW that was from hillrunner and did think it was you. Just so you know

that’s another unfortunate aspect about this whole thing. The people in charge of the rw forums should ban all names that look like hillrunr. Fortunately, some other regulars at rw unmasked the imposter and called him out on that post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.