I am looking for ideas of a shoe to run my marathon in.

Welcome! Forums Running Forum I am looking for ideas of a shoe to run my marathon in.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I will be running a marathon in six weeks. I have been training in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS. I need that little support they give. Medium to low arches. I am 5 ft 10 and weigh 150. I would like to get a lightweight trainer or a shoe that is lighter to run the marathon in. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you.

Woody

Gino,

Since you need a little stability– I would go with the New Balance 900, Nike Zoom Elite, or the Asics DS Racer V. See which one fits your foot the best they are all lightweight marathon shoes that weigh about 10 ozs or just under if you are a size 9. I sell these 3 shoes more than any other at the store I work at. We do have some lighter shoes that people have tried but they are 130-135 LBs and run 2:28-2:35 for the thon. I would say the ones I mentioned above will give you the lightness and cushioning/ stability you would need for a thon .

Good Luck 😀

Woody

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.