Important message: forum registration

Welcome! Forums Non-Running Forum Important message: forum registration

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ryan 14 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Recently, there have been a few newly registered users who have posted inappropriate websites in their profiles. This is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

I want these forums to be completely open to everyone, which is why I don’t require you to register in order to have the ability to read and post to these forums. However, certain actions will not be allowed and inappropriate links, if not at the very top, is one of the top items on the list. I have already had to tighten up a bit on registration by requiring confirmation through e-mail and that has made a significant difference in the level of PM spam and some other minor problems on these forums. If people do not stop registering new usernames and posting inappropriate links in their profiles, I will be forced to change the registration process so I will have to approve every new registration individually. Needless to say, I don’t want to do that. However, if these abuses continue, I will do what I have to do.

Please have some respect for the visitors of these forums and the purpose of these forums. If you do not show respect, I will be forced to take measures that I don’t think anyone here wants to see me have to take. These forums should be completely open to everyone, all runners should feel welcome to discuss running here, and we all should be able to expect a certain level of decency here. No matter what you think of adult oriented content, this is not the place for it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.