Jones asks for six-month prison sentence to be commuted

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Jones asks for six-month prison sentence to be commuted

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Run 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

GTF

WASHINGTON — Disgraced Olympic track star Marion Jones has asked President Bush to commute her six-month prison sentence for lying to federal agents about her use of performance-enhancing drugs and a check-fraud scam.

The Justice Department confirmed Monday that Jones is among hundreds of convicted felons who have applied for presidential pardons or sentence commutations but would provide no further details. A pardon is an official act of forgiveness that removes civil liabilities stemming from a criminal conviction, while a commutation reduces or eliminates a person's sentence.

full item

ed
    Participant

I agree with Doug Logan – reducing or removing her sentance would be a crime in itself.  We need to send the message to children that cheating and lying will cost you dearly.

Run

Plus, if I read the story correctly, she is already more than 4 months into her 6 month sentence; at this point she should just suck it up and do the time.  I have no sympathy, sorry…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.