Lakefront Preview

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Lakefront Preview

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Peter 11 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Peter

for Cameron, Double, JTPaten, Adimal (I think) and anyone else I'm missing, good luck tomorrow at Lakefront. The weather looks promising (50-60 degrees, not much rain), so go out there and do it!!!

Anne

pssst…Peter, the race is next Sunday, 10/1.

GTF

Must be a preview of the pep rally.  8)

Peter

yah, I really zoned on that  :-[. Probably got too excited watching the Cross Country race in Janesville yesterday….

Well, nothing like getting excited early….

jtpaten

Whew. And I thought I missed the race.

The Fox Cities Marathon was yesterday. You must have been thinking of that one.

cameron

for what it's worth…the long range forcast looks promising temperature wise for 10/1.  still too early to see the rain/wind…but it still looks favorable.

Ryan
    Keymaster

According to weather.com, Sunday is currently supposed to be mostly cloudy with a northwest wind. Looks like an all around favorable day. Of course, we all know the forecast will change at least 10 times between now and then.

Layne

In the days leading to yesterdays Fox Cities they talked about rain, and it did pour on Saturday. Sunday morning's weather was near perfect and no sign of the predicted AM sprinkle. Even with the wind I had my best marathon in 27 months. 3rd place Senior Master – jeez it's nice to win something, but that title sure makes me feel OLD!!!

I'm trusting the weatherman for northerly winds this Sunday.

sueruns

In the days leading to yesterdays Fox Cities they talked about rain, and it did pour on Saturday. Sunday morning's weather was near perfect and no sign of the predicted AM sprinkle. Even with the wind I had my best marathon in 27 months. 3rd place Senior Master – jeez it's nice to win something, but that title sure makes me feel OLD!!!

I'm trusting the weatherman for northerly winds this Sunday.

you're doing both?!!
    😮

Layne

Lakefront '94 was my first so I like to support the hometown running club. Call it a long training run.

Peter

According to weather.com, Sunday is currently supposed to be mostly cloudy with a northwest wind. Looks like an all around favorable day. Of course, we all know the forecast will change at least 10 times between now and then.

Latest forecast, morning low 46, sunny, high 61, w/ 20% chance of showers and WSW winds.

50% accurate 4 days out, which means flip a coin…

SUN Morning 8 AM – 48 and Sunny, W winds @ 3 mph
    …………….11 AM – 57 and sunny, SW winds @ 6 mph
    ………………2 PM – 65 and sunny, SSW wind @ 7 mph

Could be worse. It's supposed to be near 80 on Monday inland.

Good luck to everyone running once again!

Anne

I'll look forward to hearing how the race went for all of you running on Sunday.

You each have your goals, whatever they may be, I hope you reach them.

Run smart, run strong & all that good stuff.   

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.