Lincoln Marathon Pictures

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Lincoln Marathon Pictures

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  flat_lander 14 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

flat_lander

Ryan,

This is my first time posting here, but I thought you might enjoy how one photographer set up a website for pictures of the Lincoln Marathon that was held on May 2nd (I got a 15 min. PR!)

I know you took pictures of the Women’s OT last month and just wanted to share this cool site.

Since there has been a ton of trolls over at runersworld and you may not remember me (Dan from Omaha), I’ll break it down like this:

Go to lincolnrun.org

Go to photos by gary dougherty

BTW, the female winner came in at 2:54:57 and was at the OT last month. It’s reported she wanted to “go out and have some fun” after training so hard. She beat out the previous 7 time winner (Roxi).

Enjoy!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Dan, thanks for the link. That is a very creative way to set up pictures. Unfortunately, the technology used for that is frowned upon by many webmasters and advisors due to slow download issues, as well as problems with indexing the pages.

I have thought about ways to dress up picture pages and may give them some thought next time I put pictures on the website. I may experiment with some of the existing pages on my own computer but I don’t think I could bring myself to use that technology.

flat_lander

You bet. I could tell a lot of time must have been spent creating the site, a lot of time that runners don’t have 😛

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.