Manic Monday.

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Manic Monday.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Ed 1

Well in order to avoid the tightness behind the knee with the tingling behind my toes I only did 2 miles this morning all felt great. I will increase a mile daily and pay close attention to the knee and toes. So – only 2 for me today. How did ya’ll do this fine day?

r-at-work

easy day for me too… just 25 minutes on the bike & 25 minutes on the elliptical and after work I get a massage and then I’ll take the dog for a nce two mile walk…

tomorow is my first time trial since staring training(last month), I’m not feeling really great, so I’m not expecting much… but tomoorow is another day so we’ll see…

-Rita

puffintoad

Ed,

You say the tingling is behind the toes? I have read/experienced that if the tingling is specifically located behind the outer two toes, it could be linked to the sciatic nerve.

Rich

Nothing on Monday or in fact today. Since running my 10k last Sunday, I have “an injury”. I have been resting since sunday as a result. It is a bit like a groin strain on the right side, although I’m not sure. It isn’t a hernia for certain. I have had a problem here in the past. It put me out for months after I did a half marathon. I deduced it to be a form of tendonitis at the top of the right thigh, near to the groin. It’s back again and I’m a bit worried.

Any thoughts as to what it is? What to do about it? etc. It is painless when not rested – hurts when weight bearing. I want desperartely for it to die off in the next couple of days so i can get back into training for my next 10k

Rich

pski

Rich, a word of caution, and I can’t be sure but it sounds like you may pull a muscle in the front of your hip joint, which I have done in the past from overstriding on downhills. And nothing but about a month off would solve the problem. Now I don’t know when you did it now or before, but maybe evaluate your downhill stride, this is where i was prone to screwing with those muscles. I’ve adopted a lean down form with feet moving close to the ground on downhills to prevent overstriding and to minimze pounding. This also helped me survive 3 Bostons. Good luck, PSKI

Zeke
    Rich wrote:
    Any thoughts as to what it is? What to do about it?

Rich,

Last year I pulled a groin muscle while lifting. I ended up going to see a physical therapist that showed me some stretches with proper technique and some strength exercises, including my core muscles. While I couldn’t run for awhile, I was able to bike with little to no pain.

Rich
    pski wrote:
    Rich, a word of caution, and I can’t be sure but it sounds like you may pull a muscle in the front of your hip joint, which I have done in the past from overstriding on downhills. And nothing but about a month off would solve the problem. Now I don’t know when you did it now or before, but maybe evaluate your downhill stride, this is where i was prone to screwing with those muscles. I’ve adopted a lean down form with feet moving close to the ground on downhills to prevent overstriding and to minimze pounding. This also helped me survive 3 Bostons. Good luck, PSKI

It could be this, because I have received pain during faster training runs too. It is worse after the faster runs. I’m not sure if it is noticeably a downhill thing for me, but a faster/ longer stride thing maybe?

Basically, I’m not going to train again until it feels a lot better. But until then, rest and stretching as per the advice of Zeke!!!

Rich

Right. Feeling better than before so taking the risk of an easy run before anyone can stop me!! Just an easy 3 miles – shouldn’t do me too much harm and I need to work off those many many slices of toast and butter that I have just eaten.

Will be back later on to report on progress,

Rich

Rich

Yay! Did a 5 miler and no real problems (easy pace). Body seems to have loosened up a bit due to the run. Right groin area is a bit better and I know that I’m not going to be able to push it, but simply up my pace when it’s good and ready, but at least my plans to undertake another 10k run have not been dented!!! 8)

Back on track then, and one of my mates has got back into running because of my recent 10k run, so although we don’t run together, we are definitely inspiring each other to get out and run!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.