Men: your unabashed advice

Welcome! Forums Non-Running Forum Men: your unabashed advice

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My husband won’t ever have sex Friday nights because Saturday morning is his long run. Is this crazy talk or is he right when he says he has to conserve his energy?!

Jeff
    Guest wrote:
    My husband won’t ever have sex Friday nights because Saturday morning is his long run. Is this crazy talk or is he right when he says he has to conserve his energy?!

I’ve never noticed anything different. I’ve heard some people do this though.

Jeff

Ryan
    Keymaster

He’s most likely worrying about nothing. There are a lot of rumors about this topic and most sound like they are straight out of a science fiction movie. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any solid evidence to support the concerns.

That said, realize that this can be a tricky topic to discuss and a lot of people feel quite strongly about this. If you want to discuss this with him, I would suggest that you tread lightly.

Ed 1

Unbashed advice ❓ ❓ ❓ 😯 Tell him that you need him you’ll do all the work 😀 If he does not go for it – then take care of yourself but make sure that he can either see or hear you 😈 maybe he’ll get into it and then you and he can enjoy eachother 😀 😀

Scattershot

There’s some conflicting data on whether sex within a certain timeframe before a big athletic competition diminishes athletic performance or not. The science is sketchy. Testosterone levels in males spike shortly after sex, but tend to go sub-norm for up to 36 hours afterwards. In a male that has a high T-level this doesn’t seem to make a difference. However, most males do not have high-T. Testosterone, by the way, is one of the most anabolic substances in the body (playing second fiddle only to insulin). Anabolic = yay, so the more T the better in terms of athletic performance. Bedroom performance… is another discussion. 🙂

The baseline recommendation is to not change whatever you’re doing now. If you abstain before big athletic endeavors, keep abstaining. If not, party on. Sex does play havoc with the hormones in the body, but it varies from one man to another as to whether there is a perceived net positive or negative effect. Some guys are sluggish (the ones who roll over, unconscious, before you get a chance to snuggle) and some guys aren’t (the ones who are doing pushups in front of the bed before you get a chance to snuggle).

Just think of how you’d feel if he gave in and then sprained his ankle the next morning. 😮

Anonymous

Just think of how you’d feel if he gave in and then sprained his ankle the next morning.

Ahh, how irony bites us in the arse…or ankle. Okay, Folks. First off, thanks to the guys who gave advice. Well, I had felt corny about initially posting the question but thought I’d let you know what happened. By the way, I appreciated your candidness – thanks.

So, my husband was open to a trial run last night. Went for our Saturday morning run today and he smoked his running group. I, on the other hand, – now how ironic is this, Scattershot! (you cursed me!!!) — rolled my ankle ( yes, I said ankle, Scattershot!) while running with my slower group and I can barely walk now. I am not lying – I can’t believe it. Besides being thoroughly pissed off at myself for being a clutz, now I’m out due to my injury – man, I’m so pissed!

I’ve been icing the heck out of it. I’ve got a bit, fat swollen ankle bone and am stuck at home; while he’s out on the golf course right now. 😥 Man, I’m pissed. Anywhooo…. boy, do I feel like an ass. Just desserts? Did I say I was pissed?

Scattershot

… wow. I’m so sorry to hear about your ankle! My Miss Cleo-esque powers were slightly off target, I wish they had missed all together.

However, and all due respect and condolences to your injury, good for your husband on smoking his group! At least you won’t be having anymore issues from him with this, I suspect.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.