Other sites…

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Other sites…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Double 15 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

WTF is up with Merv? You used to be able to get in some good discussions there. Now I’m happy if I find anything remotely running related. Even Beck’s Donnybrook doesn’t have that much running talk going on. Is it because it’s the “off-season” and everyone is out building their base?

…but it appears to me everyone who scans the message boards has already learned everything.

Double wrote:
    …but it appears to me everyone who scans the message boards has already learned everything.

Oh, you’ve been to letsrun.com too.

I never knew there were so many sub-30 10K guys in this country.

I go to letsrun very seldom. Most of the talk is about shorter distances and yes, everyone their claims to be running times that would clean up around here. I’ve never ran a 3000, but man, some of those PR times posted are dynamite!

Maybe if we all move to California our times could improve to.

Zeke, you ever look at some of the speed workouts posted there over the past couple years? I couldn’t run one mile as fast as some are doing repeats at. I expect those are legitimate, but my point is, if we have people who can run workouts this fast, then we should have a plethora of guys who could get around 2:15.

Notice how my word skills have increased since visiting the DB?

Well, it’s very entertaining to say the least.

Notice how my word skills have increased since visiting the DB?

Yeah, Beck can have that effect on people. I have to keep the dictionary nearby when I read his posts.

I was curious how tough it was for you to give up your Packer jacket and don those USA sweats?

Double wrote:
    Maybe if we all move to California our times could improve to.

Hey watch it. Wejo from letsrun is in Arizona anyways. Yeah it seems no matter how good people are there are always some losers there to say they suck and they aren’t fast enough, either that or they are on drugs.

Chad II: I thought the California reference might bring you out.

Chad I: Steeler fan in the house! By-the-way, did you see the ad (somewhere) which shows Ray Nietsche coming off the field half wired?

Underneath it says, “Never had a nickname, never needed one.”

Talk about a travesty. It seems as if there is always a contest there on who can destroy the place first. The latest is KFB, which I don’t read, but who needs to.

Chad I: Steeler fan in the house! By-the-way, did you see the ad (somewhere) which shows Ray Nietsche coming off the field half wired?

Underneath it says, “Never had a nickname, never needed one.”

I just remember the first time I met you at the ’02 Jingle Bell run. You had this green (satin?) jacket on. It reminded me of the Packers.

Yeah, that Nietsche add is cool.

That green satin jacket was my Slippery Rock XC jacket. The lettering is all but worn off. You can’t see it now, but when the names were put on I had Zeus on mine. Long story.

Which reminds me. I had tons of names in college because in some of my earlier classes I would tell everyone my name was “Butch” or “Bernie” or “Bert” etc. My friends always got a kick out of it because for years some students or better yet profs would pass me on the way to class and say “Hey Butch.”

It still cracks me up thinking back.

Just for grins I looked at the post for the last two days at Merv. KFB had 12 out of 20 for a whopping 60%. That’s why I don’t bother there more than about once a month.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.