Paul Tergat: No London Marathon, $2 million half in 2 weeks

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Paul Tergat: No London Marathon, $2 million half in 2 weeks

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ryan 10 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

I came across two interesting articles about Paul Tergat today. Here's the summary:

From the Guardian:

Unfit Tergat to miss London marathon

LONDON, Feb 15 (Reuters) – Former world record holder Paul Tergat will miss April's London marathon because of fitness concerns, the BBC reported on Friday.

“Right now, I am at 40 percent of my usual fitness and the London Marathon is rather close. My focus will be on the Beijing Olympics,” the 38-year-old Kenyan was quoted as saying on the BBC Web site (www.bbc.co.uk).

Tergat has just resumed training after completing a four-month military course.

From allAfrica.com:

Tergat And Kiplagat Headline Zayed Marathon

Former world marathon record holder Paul Tergat and current half-marathon record holder Lorna Kiplagat of Netherlands lead the men's and women's fields in the $2 million (Sh144m) Zayed International Marathon.

The event will be held in Abu Dhabi on February 28.

The duo, reaffirmed cross-country runners with success in their individual events will spice up yet another of the emerging road running events that the Arabian Gulf circuit is hosting.

The star runners will be part of a strong international line-up in the half marathon.

That's quite the prize for a half marathon. I'm sure he'll be missed in London but who can blame him for focusing on the Olympics?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.