Primate expert Jane Goodall appeals for EU ban on animal testing in research

Welcome! Forums Non-Running Forum Primate expert Jane Goodall appeals for EU ban on animal testing in research

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  GTF 10 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

GTF

BRUSSELS, Belgium — World-famous primate expert Jane Goodall and other scientists appealed to the European Union Wednesday to end the use of animal testing in medical and other scientific research.

“We need to recognize at the outset that what we do to animals from their perspective certainly, and probably from ours, is morally wrong and unacceptable,” Goodall said.

Full item

ed
    Participant

Pretty good article –

I completely agree with the banning of testing cosmetics on animals – but it will be a tougher sell on me with the medications.  Of course that testing should be after all of the other steps have been completed.

If Chimps and Humans are 98+% similar in DNA then drug effects will show the results that most drug tests are looking for.

I would have prefered if this article had some quotes from some drug research companies instead of a single implied quote.

With all that – testing should be pretty strictly limited and should follow some stricter guidlines. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.