Race report

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Race report

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Run 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Run

Well, after shuffling my week around, getting my mileage in and the 17 miler, I managed to run the Polar bear 5 miler today in 31;40. Slower than last year, but all things considered, I feel like it was almost an equal performance.

The race today was on the boardwalk on the beach in NJ. Usually thats a nice place for a race, but today that was not the case. The race was 4 1.25 mile laps going north-south. The wind today was a steady 15 mph from the north and gusty, so half the race was into the wind, with light flurries. Conditions aside, I felt strong today, but not crazy enough to swim after the race like the “polar bears”, which some people did 😯

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to everybody,

Tim

elkid

The one in Asbury Park? Heard that was hellafun. Fast time!

Anonymous

Yeah, Asbury Park. This was the 41st year. Apparently back in the day Ligouiri and Rodgers ran the race.

Zeke
    Anonymous wrote:
    Yeah, Asbury Park. This was the 41st year. Apparently back in the day Ligouiri and Rodgers ran the race.

Tim,

Yea, nice job getting in your mileage and running a solid time. It’s nice to have that benchmark out there.

I’ve been reading Rodgers book “Marathoning” and he mentions racing against (I believe) Liquouri, back in like ’74 before Rodgers was a household name. I believe the race he was talking about was Falmouth though. Anyway, the race offered price money and Liquouri thought he’d be able to cash in rather easily. Rodgers beat him by about a minute over the 7 mile course.

Run

Zeke, the guy who runs the race is a local sports writer, he was the one who told me about Ligouri, he may have been full of crap, but he seemed sincere. I cant even think of where to look to see if its true 😕

Tim

Run

Just bumping this to bump the spam

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.