Radliffe and Kibet seek redemption for Beijing disappointments in Portsmouth

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Radliffe and Kibet seek redemption for Beijing disappointments in Portsmouth

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Britain’s Paula Radcliffe, the women's World record holder for the marathon, and Kenyan Luke Kibet, the reigning men's World marathon champion, who both suffered disappointing Olympic marathon campaigns in Beijing, will be the principal names in Portsmouth, England, on 26 October for the 2008 BUPA Great South Run.

Kibet, 25, is the BUPA Great South Run title holder, a race run over Ten Miles. He won last year in 47:31, well clear of Spain’s José Manuel Martínez (47:50).

“I'm really looking forward to running there again, it's a fast course and flat which suits my style of running,” said Kibet after his fourth place (61:34) finish at the half marathon distance at the recent BUPA Great North Run (5 Oct). Kibet believes that race marked a return to form after injury wrecked his Olympic marathon ambitions. He did not finish in Beijing.

IAAF article

GTF

Somehow I doubt that anyone could find true redemption for an Olympic tank job at any venue outside of possibly the Olympics. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.