Randall Roadrunner’s Run/Walk-MOTIVATION

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Randall Roadrunner’s Run/Walk-MOTIVATION

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pski 14 years ago.

• Author

pski

Well I got a chance between court appearances to watch my kids run in their run/walk. It’s under new management, so I don’t know if Hillrunner got hit for acontribution, but I will always be thankful to those who helped out while I was involved in it’s organizatinand fundraising. I have a couple of race reports, Yeah I’m gonna brag but it was soo cool.

My daughter Caitlin, age 11 ran the 800 in 3:44. More impressive is she ran even splits of 1:52.

My son Vincent, age 8, (Well he’ll be 9 on June 1) ran the mile in 6:57, a 47 second PR form last year’s mile he ran. Impressive here too, was he ran very even, 1:44 at the quarter, 3:30 at the half, amazingly still at 5:15 and running hard to the tape from about 150 meters out. He was the fourth to cross out of the k-6th grade school students who chose the mile.

Needless to say, it was a very motivating day, and so many kids were out there giving it their all.

Good day! PSKI

Jeff
    pski wrote:
    Well I got a chance between court appearances to watch my kids run in their run/walk. It’s under new management, so I don’t know if Hillrunner got hit for acontribution, but I will always be thankful to those who helped out while I was involved in it’s organizatinand fundraising. I have a couple of race reports, Yeah I’m gonna brag but it was soo cool.

My daughter Caitlin, age 11 ran the 800 in 3:44. More impressive is she ran even splits of 1:52.

My son Vincent, age 8, (Well he’ll be 9 on June 1) ran the mile in 6:57, a 47 second PR form last year’s mile he ran. Impressive here too, was he ran very even, 1:44 at the quarter, 3:30 at the half, amazingly still at 5:15 and running hard to the tape from about 150 meters out. He was the fourth to cross out of the k-6th grade school students who chose the mile.

Needless to say, it was a very motivating day, and so many kids were out there giving it their all.

Good day! PSKI

Wow! That sounds great. I have two kids of my own (2 and 4) so I can appreciate the kind of day you had! Sounds like Dad is setting a very good example for the kids by showing them that it’s important to stay fit.

Looks like you have a couple speedsters on your hands. Lots to be proud of.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Ryan
    Keymaster

PSKI, I heard nothing about this event this year. I wanted to do the same thing this year as I did last but I heard nothing. At one point a few months ago, I tried e-mailing you to find out what was up and didn’t hear back. I almost called you to see what was up and probably should have. I would like to continue helping out again next year so tell whoever is organizing for next year to drop me a message in February so we can do the fundraising through the month of March.

Good job to the kids. This is a great event for everyone and is very much worth the fundraising efforts.

Anonymous

Sounds like the ST dad– Gave them all his FT Fibers 🙂 Fun stuff to watch kids improve!

Woody

pski

Thanks Woody, Ryan and Jeff. Hey Ryan, they didn’t call me either, they were off doing their thing with the new blood so we were in the dark too. I will drop your name again to the organizers for next year. My e-mail and internet service has been in change in recent times so I had been on again off again.

Woody, the kids got all that fast twitch from MOM. You know she a junior high type she passed up recruitment by Germany to run for the country. She had some wheels! PSKI

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.