rant!!!!

Welcome! Forums Running Forum rant!!!!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sueruns 11 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

sueruns

I'm doing it right now.  >:( 

jtpaten

But likethe proverbial tree falling in the woods, is it really a rant if no one but you gets to hear it?

Do share.

sueruns

as concise as I can get.  I got a call from an RD in another state that wanted to get a few quotes from me for an article with his local running club.  “My” running club seems to jump through hoops to avoid an acknowledgement of winning their race.

Zeke

“My” running club seems to jump through hoops to avoid an acknowledgement of winning their race.

Sue was that you that won Fox Cities?  If so, congrats.  Nice race.  Was that a PR?

Anne

If it's the same Sue then I hope we get a race report.

jtpaten

That was too concise, Sue. I couldn't make heads or tales of that.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Joel, if I put this together correctly, Sue won “her” club's race and they are doing everything possible to acknowledge that. Meanwhile, someone from an out of state club is calling her, presumably as the winner of the race, in order to get a quote for presumably his running club's newsletter.

Sue, congrats on winning. If that was Fox Cities you're referring to, very impressive run. Too bad “your” club doesn't recognize (or at least acknowledge) that fact.

GTF

Agree with the others, solid performance if it is yours.  Seems like it is time that either someone in the club leadership steps forward with an apology and explanation or you part ways with a group that seemingly does little at all for you.  It is due to situations such as this that I am glad to remain, as Ulysses E. McGill put it, unaffiliated.  :-[

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.