running log

Welcome! Forums Running Forum running log

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 15 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

I really like using the running log and it’s cool to track our teammates. Nice job so far Woody and Double along with some other people I don’t know. Where are Ryan, Pski, Cameron, Kooch and LLL? Anybody else I’m forgetting? Also, is there a way to get the weeklies to display starting with Monday and ending with Sunday?

I’ve been running slower during base building this year. It’s more relaxing and enjoyable. It will be interesting to see how that affects my training later in the year.

FYI – chad austin = Zeke. It would be nice to see some other people post there. I think Ryan only posts when he’s running 150 mpw. Either that or he’s in love now. 😈 Cameron and Kooch talk a great game about “getting serious” then you don’t hear from them for 3 months. Just trying to get everyone fired up for the new year. 😆

Also, is there a way to get the weeklies to display starting with Monday and ending with Sunday?

I don’t think so, but you might want to send the web master an email. I think he’s pretty good about responding.

Jeff,

I like going Monday thru Sunday As well. I actually keep a seperate log book on the side. Like last week I did 75 miles instead of 67, but it all comes out anyway because this week i’ll get an extra 8 miles in , that’s if you look at it Sunday thru Sat. I guess for the most part it doesn’t matter for total monthly mileage , but it would be nice to do it like you want

Woody

Ryan
    Keymaster

Jeff, you can change your log to show Monday through Sunday. I believe it’s in your profile somewhere, I can verify it this evening probably. Last I checked, there was not the ability to change this for team logs.

Zeke, for various reasons, I have been real bad at keeping my log up to date last year. However, I do plan on trying to update it at least on a weekly basis this year. I would have done so last weekend but the weekend was kind of wild for me with work and other annoying stuff.

I’ll use the log, just tell me how to start. I’m only doing like 25 mpw right now with hopes of raising that to 35 to 40 by feb 14th.

Jeff

Thanks, I’m there!

Jeff

Anonymous

I use ****.com it’s a real good one I think.

Ryan
    Keymaster
    seriousRunner wrote:
    I use ****.com it’s a real good one I think.

I see that someone posted using 2 different anonymous handles from the same computer promoting the same website within a matter of minutes. Spam is not welcome here.

Any bets on this poster’s affiliation to the website in question?

I was able to change so that the week starts on Monday and to make my log public. Go to my [info], my [account] and select ‘Change Preferences’. I also looked at some of Double’s log as he’s made his public. Some good info on how one of the best trains. Thanks Double!

Unfortunately the team log still appears to start on Sunday when I do a team weekly report. Anyway to change this?

How does one become a ‘coach’ and what does this enable?

Ryan
    Keymaster
    peace467 wrote:
    Unfortunately the team log still appears to start on Sunday when I do a team weekly report. Anyway to change this?

Unfortunately, no. This may be a feature that is added in the future, as I have requested this of the webmaster some time back and he has been real good at fulfulling requests in the past.

peace467 wrote:
    How does one become a ‘coach’ and what does this enable?

Any coach can add you as a coach. This basically gives you the ability to view the logs of all team members, whether they have made the logs public or not. Not being a coach, I don’t think you have access to any logs that have not been made public. There are also other features for coaches but this is the reason I have been willing to give everyone access as a coach. If nobody adds you as a coach before this evening, I should have time this evening to jump on there and add you (and maybe get in a few updates to my log in). That’s assuming I don’t have to waste my time dealing with spammers again.

Anonymous

My training has been more like petrified wood. I have not been logging enough miles to brag about. I started tapering in November and now all the sudden its January.

Fat Ass 50K is the most mileage I’ve done in a while.

I know it time to build my base back up.

Jeff,

Post or email me your user name and I’ll add you as a coach.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Jeff, you’re added as a coach. If anyone else wants to get added as a coach, just let us know and someone who is already a coach can add you.

Ryan,

Is there a way to find out people’s user names? I’m the coach of an EC Alum team and I want to make everyone else a coach too, but I don’t know their user names. I emailed Branton, but thought I’d ask you too.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I found a cheater’s way. I don’t know if there’s a better way. I hold my mouse over the view log or view profile link. If you check the address of the link, the username is buried in the link. It shouldn’t be too hard to pick out.

Nice job cracking the whip Ryan, I like that your cracking down on the spam 🙂

Cause there is virtually none here, which doesn’t exist in many places on the net 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

Tyrone, thanks. 😈 On any forum I go to, I hate seeing spam. I always speak out against it no matter where I am. Since I have the power to do so here, I will not allow these forums to be ruined by spam like I have seen happen at other forums. These forums have a strictly enforced zero tolerance policy. I would have deleted that post but it seems people haven’t been getting the idea from that when I did it in the past. It was time to make an example of someone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.