- March 1, 2005 at 2:41 am #2286
The ultimate challenge.
Rusty’s Super Kokoda 24 Hour Race
Date: 27 August 2005 – 28 August 2005
An open invitation to participate in a race to commence from Kokoda Station midday Saturday 27th August, 2005 and finish on Sunday 28th August, 2005 at Ower’s Corner on the outskirts of Port Moresby, capital city of Papua New Guinea.
The time to beat was set by Brian Freeman who clocked in at 24 hours, 59 minutes and 26 seconds to beat Senesi’s record of 27 hours and 5 minutes and Osborne’s 28 hour, 14 minutes and 30 seconds, record, which makes him the fastest runner to date.
Since Tuesday afternoon, 31st of August 2004 many Papua New Guinean’s have remarked to me that they want the record back.
As a result of such comments Kokoda Trekking have decided its time to see if we can win back our pride and also the record. It is also open to any overseas competitors who feel they can break Brian Freeman’s record.
The race is open to both male and females and prizes will be awarded in each of the following categories:
1. Fastest male overall
2. Fastest Female overall
3. If event won by overseas person, a prize will also be given to the first PNG person male & female who crosses the finish line at Ower’s Corner.
3. First Kokoda Porter or Guide who is renowned to work for a registered trekking company
4. First Trekking Team of five members to make it to Ower’s Corner – ie Kokoda Trekking or SP Tours. Open to both male & female teams
5. First person home over 50 – both male & female
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.