Several forums changes over the past few days

Welcome! Forums Non-Running Forum Several forums changes over the past few days

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ryan 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

As those of you who have been paying close attention have noticed, I have been on a quest over the past few days. I just wanted to list what has been done. Hopefully, even more will be coming in the near future.

– Upgrade forum software from phpBB 2.0.6 to phpBB 2.0.11. This was done for security fixes.

– Modify software to include rel=”nofollow” in profile website links, as well as links made within posts. This is something you will not notice unless you look at the page source but it should help discourage spammers by telling Google, MSN, and Yahoo not to go to those links when searching Hillrunner.com for new content.

– Modify registration to not accept website URLs in a person’s profile when registering. You can still add your website to your profile in the profile editor after you have registered and activated your account. This will block the most common type of spam that is currently occurring on forums around the Internet.

– Website link available in memberlist and profile pages. With the previous two changes, I added website links back to these pages.

– Behind the scenes performance improvements. I have decreased the amount of data that needs to be transferred to your computer for each page after the first page you visit, dpending on your caching settings potentially only the first page you visit during your first visit. This means subsequent pages will download to your computer and display faster.

– Modify how links appear within posts. It can be hard at times to notice links within posts if people use the url tag to build their links inline. I have added an underline to those links so they are easier to see.

– Color scheme change. In case images don’t load for some reason, I have modified the color scheme behind the images to ensure that the pages are still readable.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.