Shut out of Beach to Beacon 10K in Portland ME

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Shut out of Beach to Beacon 10K in Portland ME

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MassRunner 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

MassRunner

Unfortunately I did not register in time for the annual B2B 10K. As a relatively new runner/racer I don't know if it is common for runners show up on race day of a booked race to see of they have any cancellations. I ran this race for the first time last year and would really like to go again this year to see if there is any dramatic improvement as I expect there will be. There are about 5000 runners.

Is it futile or is there hope? What is your experience?
    Thanks

Ryan
    Keymaster

Most likely futile. I don't think I've heard of a race that would allow race day registration after filling up pre-race registration.

I would suggest offering to volunteer. You could still be involved in the race and be doing a good deed for your fellow runners at the same time.

GTF

Do not expect it, it would be best to make alternate plans.

MassRunner

thanks for your replys. I didn't think there would be much chance of getting in. I like the idea of volunteering as I'm sure they would never turn away an offer to help. Don't know why I didn't think of that…I volunteered at the Cape Cod Marathon last year and got a lot of enjoyment/satisfaction out it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.