Stupid owners of dogs.

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Stupid owners of dogs.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 13 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Ed 1

It is not the dogs faults but the owners faults. This morning I has three incidents of dogs charging at me. The first occured about 3/4 of a mile into the seven – a medium dog with owner yelling at the dog (to no avail). Then at about the second mile 2 smaller dogs came charging at me with no owner in sight – ignored them. After three strides and four miles 2 very large dogs came vharging at me. I stopped, started running towards the dogs and yelled “heel” at them – they stopped in their tracks and the owner came running after the dogs. The dogs started coming again so I yelled “heel” one more time – they stopped and their owner grabbed them and pulled them into their yard. That pissed me off and made the last three strides and miles difficult to focus on. Oh well – had to get that off of my chest.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Did you call the police or animal control? My most recent incident involved a dog that followed me for about 1.5-2 miles from about a block and a half away from home into and a good distance around Frame Park. I tried charging it, yelling at it, and everything but it wouldn’t stop following me. Of course, as I was running with this dog in tow, I don’t even know how many times I had people tell me that I should have “my dog” on a leash. All I could say is it was a stray that wouldn’t leave me alone. After it left me, it went down the river and eventually started swimming across the river so, when I got home, I reported the incident to the police along with the last location I saw the dog at and the direction it was swimming and they said they would see if the dog was still there. If it was, it would take a trip to the humane society and the owners would have to pay a fine before getting the dog back.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Did you call the police or animal control? My most recent incident involved a dog that followed me for about 1.5-2 miles from about a block and a half away from home into and a good distance around Frame Park. I tried charging it, yelling at it, and everything but it wouldn’t stop following me. Of course, as I was running with this dog in tow, I don’t even know how many times I had people tell me that I should have “my dog” on a leash. All I could say is it was a stray that wouldn’t leave me alone. After it left me, it went down the river and eventually started swimming across the river so, when I got home, I reported the incident to the police along with the last location I saw the dog at and the direction it was swimming and they said they would see if the dog was still there. If it was, it would take a trip to the humane society and the owners would have to pay a fine before getting the dog back.

Anonymous

😈

Anonymous

😈

Ed 1

I will likely report this if it happens again – I know where the dogs live (at least 4 of the 5) – I will leave a letter in the owner’s mailbox about leashing their dogs or face a call to the police. I want to give them a chance since common sense doesn’t seem to work for them.

Ed 1

I will likely report this if it happens again – I know where the dogs live (at least 4 of the 5) – I will leave a letter in the owner’s mailbox about leashing their dogs or face a call to the police. I want to give them a chance since common sense doesn’t seem to work for them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.