Sunday’s predicted weather –

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Sunday’s predicted weather –

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 13 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Ed 1

For the big race it looks like it will be rather warm – low to mid 50s with a slight Ryan (southerly) wind at about 5-10 miles per hour.

Peter

But weather.com says low of 55, high of 76. Figure it’ll be close to 70 degrees @ 11:00. Oh well, I’ve trained all summer in temps from 60-75 degrees. Nothing new… Bring it on!

cameron

good luck to all running the 25th lakefront marathon. i’ll be intently watching the results online.

Bart

Ed, I know this was kicked around a couple of weeks ago, but did you finally decide to run Lakefront or sit it out?

Bart

Ed 1

They are desperate for volunteers so that was a sign for me to help out instead of risk injury.

Bart
    Ed 1 wrote:
    They are desperate for volunteers so that was a sign for me to help out instead of risk injury.

Sounds like a wise and generous decision. Of course the entire time you’re there it will kill you not to be running. Hope you have a good time.

Bart

Ed 1

Hey Bart – I hope that you are not in Cali because of Katrina. Are your friends and relatives ok?

Bart
    Ed 1 wrote:
    Hey Bart – I hope that you are not in Cali because of Katrina. Are your friends and relatives ok?

No, I transferred to California this summer. My last day in Louisiana was June 3. The only reason I was in Louisiana was because I was stationed there. All my family lives in California, so we’re all fine.

I spoke with a couple of people I worked with in Louisiana, and they all survived without any injuries or irreversable damage. I lived an hour or so west of New Orleans, where the major damage occurred. One guy I used to work with had a tree limb fall through his roof, but that’s the worst damage that anybody I know suffered. The people I worked with missed the worst of the damage. Their biggest issue was loss of electricity for about a week and a half. I heard through a friend of my daughter that the town we lived in flooded during Hurricane Rita, but I’m not sure if that’s true or not. Either way, every seems to be relatively well.

Bart

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.