Suzy Favor Hamilton article

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Suzy Favor Hamilton article

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ryan 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Interesting article today from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. A couple of things that stood out to me…

On the Olympics:

Suzy Favor Hamilton is hoping for a different ending to her Olympic story this time.

Hamilton, the former University of Wisconsin middle-distance star and a three-time Olympian, has again set her sights on the prize that has eluded her.

An Olympic medal.

Not unlike the long journey of frustration and disappointment that speedskater Dan Jansen endured before striking gold – and a world record – at Lillehammer in the 1,000 meters in 1994, Hamilton also has experienced trying times.

“This is probably my last 1,500-meter Olympics,” Hamilton said. “But to say I won’t run another Olympics, I can’t say that. I could go up in distance.”

On Regina Jacobs:

Hamilton’s longtime rival, Regina Jacobs, is not likely to be a competitor. Jacobs has been accused of testing positive for THG, an illegal substance. Jacobs’ case is under review.

Hamilton would much rather focus on her training than talk about Jacobs, other than to say, “There is nothing I can say that is good about Regina.”

Complete JS Online article

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.