Team Hillrunner.com: 2005 racing season

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Team Hillrunner.com: 2005 racing season

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 13 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

First off, a recap of 2004 for Team Hillrunner.com. We were working with a bare bones roster mainly because of my lack of advance recruiting. However, when we did get the team together, we won. The team went 1-0 this year and unfortunately couldn’t get a team together to defend the Jingle Bell title. The official Team Hillrunner.com is now riding a 3 race winning streak and also has a second place finish and a third place finish on our 5 race record.

Anyway, that’s the past. It’s time to look toward the future. I’m not going to slack on advance recruiting efforts and this is the start of advance recruiting. Here’s what I’m currently looking at for the racing season:

Crazylegs Classic (tentative): 4/30, Madison. I heard some interest in this race. Is there enough interest to get a team together?

Al’s Run: 9/24, downtown Milwaukee. We will get a bigger and better team together in 2005 and we will put up a good team performance. Get the word out to potential recruits, we have a winning streak to defend and we’re racing like we mean it.

Jingle Bell Run: Madison, unsure of the date (I’m guessing 12/10 but it could be 12/17). We WILL get a team together for this one. This is where Team Hillrunner.com originally started and I want to field a team there.

If you’re interested in any of these races, just let me know and I can begin collecting e-mail addresses. Also, feel free to start planting the seed with Team Hillrunner.com recruits. It’s never too soon to begin recruiting, a lesson I learned this year the hard way and I won’t forget.

Double

I’m in for Al’s and the Jingle Bell. If you get enough interest in Crazy Legs I may be interested. That is a week or two before Ice Age, so will run only if it is a team event.

cameron

what about…

http://www.greatmidwestrelay.com/

we’d have to pack a lunch…or two…

Peter

😀

I’ve always wanted to do one of those. Not sure I’d want to do the 1st one though…

As for the other events, I would be interested in Crazylegs (if I don’t coach soccer this spring) and Al’s Run and Jingle Bell as well.

Ed 1

That relay looks pretty dang cool – enough runners and we could have some real fun. But 12 people might be hard to rustle up – I would really like to do this. After looking at the race handbook I think we should do this – what an awesome way for us forumites to get together. There is no leg of the race longer than 7.7 miles. There is an option for us to run with 6 members but no legs are longer than the 7.7 miles. We should do this!

JCWrs

If I could convince my wife to let me go, I would consider coming up for that relay (I’m currently living in Tulsa, OK). I think we could get it done in less then 24 hours (that is only 7:34/mile pace) and I think, especially if we could get 12 people together it would be really a fun experience. If we can only get 6 it would certainly test my limits, but I’d still be willing to try it. Let me know if theres enough interest and I’ll see what I can do!

Ryan
    Keymaster
    cameron wrote:
    what about…

http://www.greatmidwestrelay.com/

we’d have to pack a lunch…or two…

Sorry but Peter’s right. I’m already booked that weekend and I don’t think it’s something that it would be wise for me to skip out on. 😉

I’ve actually done a race of this type once before, although it wasn’t quite this long. They are actually quite a bit of fun, while also being pretty challenging. Maybe some time in the future for me. We could have a nice home course advantage around midway, with the course going just a few blocks away from Pski’s and Cameron’s houses and not much farther from mine.

Ed 1

Since there is quite a bit of logistics involved we should start the process for 2006 that way we could ve very solid and win the dang thing!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.