The Deer Run

Welcome! Forums Running Forum The Deer Run

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 13 years ago.

• Author

Ed 1

Does anyone know anything about the Deer Run in Brown Deer WI? They are listed as a 5K and 10L race. I have left a couple of voicemails and e-mails for the race director but have gotten no reply. I would like info like fees, timing methods etc…

Peter

http://www.badgerlandstriders.org/events/brown_deer_05_details.pdf

This is on the Badgerland Striders Website. It has a contact name and #.

cameron

ed…i manage the strider site and heard from the RD that an entry form will be available shortly.

it’s not easy to establish a new event…

Ed 1

I did talk to the strider guy helping organize the event. Cost is $17.00 for the 10K – it will start/finish near the police station in Brown Deer. It is a very flat course with some heavy traffic intersections and some doubling over of running traffic. But it sounds like this might be a good 10K. I am in – it is 1 month almost to the day before I run the Green Bay Marathon.

cameron

i just posted the entry form online at badgerlandstriders.org. the RD is working on getting course maps to be posted as well.

Ed 1

I would like to see if we could gather a group of us to hit this race and then maybe get out to lunch like we did at Jingle Bell – that was a good time. Not too mention that I learned a lot. I think it would be a good idea to convince some newbees like me to join w/ some of you experienced runners. I learned more from that than all the questions and posting on the site. Hands on – in your face experience works well in teaching/learning.

So how about it – can ya dig-it?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.