Trailbreaker 26.2

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Trailbreaker 26.2

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cameron 13 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

cameron

Marathon #15 is in the books. The Trailbreaker Marathon is held in Waukesha, WI (where I live) and has been cited as one of the 25 toughest marathons by Marathon & Beyond. The event starts in downtown Waukesha then runs west for ~10M along the Glacial Drumlin trail which is a paved bicycle path. From there, runners turn north onto the Ice Age Trail into Lapham Peak State Park for 10K of trail running. At roughly the halfway point, we climb to the top of the observation tower…

tower2.gif

…and then make our way back down to the Glacial Drumlin trail for the last 10M back into Waukesha.

The weather was nearly perfect, sunny sky and low 40’s at the start. I wore a long sleeve shirt and shorts. The 10K of trails were fairly runable but were certainly sloppy in areas. By the finish, it was likely in the low 50’s and the wind had picked up a bit. This was my third Trailbreaker, 30% of the way to the “Ten Towers” club.

time: 3:56:19 (9:00 min miles)

overall place: 37 out of 129

Sunday afternoon I ran for another 2 hours on the New Berlin Rec Trail and South HS Track/Soccer/Football fields. (Still prepping for the IAT 50M in May)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.