Trailbreaker Marathon

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Trailbreaker Marathon

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Double 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Double

I headed out with the idea of this being a training type run.  The day before, the doc told me my thyroid levels were still high after radiation treatment, but I feel much better.  I've had a few decent runs the past couple weeks and my average heart rate has been 15-20 beats lower.

I ran with friends feeling okay to about 9 when I started talking to a guy and we pulled away.  At the top of the tower I counted 43 people ahead of me.  Craig and I ran the trail back until the path and I had the urge to stretch it out a bit.  Craig told me we were just over 16 and had averaged 8:31 a mile.  I live in Waukesha and run this path considerably, so I know where the mystery mile markers are.  I started hitting 7:40s and got down to 7:20s by the end.  I was just going mile to mile and I never crashed.  This is extremely good news because the past couple years I've been crashing as early as 6 miles.  I ended up 16th with a 3:34:49 and was happy.  I had little soreness or any pain and expect to go for a run today of about an hour.

If I can keep it together the next month I'll expect a decent run at the Ice Age 50.

Cameron, thanks for taking my stuff and congrats on a great effort!  All that rain running we did had a purpose.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Double, good job. It's good to hear that it sounds like things are turning around for you.

Woody

After talking with you on the phone Friday -I had no thoughts of you even breaking 4 hours !  That is awesome news-

More for the future than anything! 

Good Work Sid The Kid!

r-at-work

I headed out with the idea of this being a training type run….  I was just going mile to mile and I never crashed. I ended up 16th with a 3:34:49 and was happy.  I had little soreness or any pain  I'll expect a decent run at the Ice Age 50…

what a GREAT outcome for a 'training type run'… sounds like all the running gods were smiling on you… can't wait for the report from the IA50…
    -Rita

Zeke

Hey Double,

Nice job.  I was wondering if you were doing the Madison 100K, but then I saw your Feb mileage and figured you weren't.  Will you be there to watch?

Good luck at Ice Age.

snowski12000

Nice job. Keep up the good work, it sounds like things are really going well for you. Best to ya. Ski

Double

Thanks everyone.

Zeke, I'll be crewing for a guy who should be one of the top finishers.

Zeke

Double (and others), this link might interest you; http://downthebackstretch.blogspot.com/2007/04/russell-running-is-running-is-running.html

I hope to posting an interview of Patrick, on this site, http://runningminnesota.blogspot.com/ right after the 100K.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.