Tuesday Night Showdown!

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Tuesday Night Showdown!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Looks like Tuesday night should be quite the showdown, with Matt Tupta duking it out with Scott Mueller in 8 800m repeats. 4:30 pm at Hart Park!

Anonymous

Shouldn’t race your workouts….its bad for you. 😈

Anonymous

Why the heck is a kid who is just starting his freshman year in college doing 8×800’s in late August when he has a full season ahead of him?

-Ferris

doggler

Let’em learn the hard way

Anonymous

Did you ever notice that group workouts tend to be way too fast? Many equate a good workout with running intervals as fast as possible. The purpose of intervals are to help you race faster, not make you race on the track!

Ryan
    Keymaster

If that workout plays out the way it is made to sound, I will have no regrets in being at the South High track by myself. If anyone would like to work together instead of “duking it out” in a track workout, I’m starting my 4-week phase of what seem to be quickly turning into my infamous 3200 meter repeats this evening. Warmup on your own unless you’re at my front door when I walk out at about 5:20. Workout will start some time around 6:00.

Anonymous

We had 17 people on the track last night! Scott Mueller was cruising through the 800’s in times around 2:20, with his final one at 2:16. As for everybody else, Tupta and C. Lanza were the only guys to go sub 2:30, while most of the rest of us were in the 2:30 – 2:40 range. All in all, a great workout.

Tupta, Stefanovic, Sveum and Double Dave all had a good post-workout workout at Leff’s afterwards, with Tupta and Double Dave being the last ones to leave!

Anonymous

The trick is I wonder how many churning out those 2:30 to 2:40 800’s will actually marathon in 2:30 to 2:40. And if they are not marathoning why do so many 800’s. I’m just wondering as I’m personally stuck on seocnd shift during this track madness. I also wonder if such insanity could make me better than a plodding 2:50 to 3 hour marathoner. Feedback appreciated and I know first hand DD is a carbo replenshment drink master!! thanks PSKI

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.