Tuesday’s Test

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Tuesday’s Test

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Ed 1

Well – I was lazy this morning and slept in. I will do my three miles after work no matter the weather. What plans do you all have for this fine running day.

r-at-work

went to my track work out thinking I had a 1600 time trail… hah… had a 3200 time trial… negative splits (8:10+8:02)… the humidity was incredible… then we followed up with 4 X 200 with a 200 jog…

with warm up & cool down only four miles…

the best part was that since the last two weeks I’ve felt like dirt afterwards I had brought a frozen Slim-fast (chalky, I’ll try something else next week)… it was still frozen when I was ready to leave, got stuck in traffic and used it to ice my knees and shins, hated to waste all that COLD… so I felt lots better to day than last week..

probably walk the dog a couple miles after work as I did yesterday…

-Rita

fuzzed

I too was fell victim to the lazy morning affliction. Tonight I will be doing 8 or half km intervals at or around 10k pace. It is day 3 of the taper… Nothing too exciting…

puffintoad

I’m sore from six miles of hills yesterday. I think I would feel better had the terrain been smoother, but we were dealing with everything from deep sand to rutted, drying mud to suck-your-shoes-off swamp. My shins/calves hurt, so it’s a day off. I think.

I ran with four others yesterday, mostly casual runners (off and on). They didn’t want to go with me at first because they said I would go too fast, and I had a hard time convincing them that I don’t go fast on easy days. Sure enough, at the start, they were all leaving me behind and I felt kinda bad because I was supposed to be the fast one. It paid off an hour later, though, because I was still very fresh and they were trashed. We had a blast!

Zeke
    puffintoad wrote:
    They didn’t want to go with me at first because they said I would go too fast, and I had a hard time convincing them that I don’t go fast on easy days. Sure enough, at the start, they were all leaving me behind and I felt kinda bad because I was supposed to be the fast one.

I think this is very common. When I run with slower runners, they’re usually the ones pushing the pace. I don’t know if they’re trying to impress me or they don’t want to feel bad by slowing me down.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.