Wednesday’s wine & roses

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Wednesday’s wine & roses

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 14 years ago.

• Author

Ed 1

I am turing out to be a lot of talk when stating second runs – too many excuses. So yesterday I lost big time. Did a nice 10 miler this morning and pray that I can cut out of work early and do a lazy muscle loosening 5 or so. But for now all I got is 10.

Also, I hope that no one is taking this like I am drop dead serious in the challenge. In my heart I want to inspire some fun and extra reason to stretch out an extra mile or two every now and then.

r-at-work

not that I wouldn’t like to join in the “fun”… but last week I started with a coach… in person once a week and she sets my schedule for the week/month… anyway after a time trial on 4/20 she said I was running all my work outs too slow…

so now I’m running slightly less than I was the last few weeks.. on what I thought was going to be my build up back to last falls level and beyond… but instead my schedule as a slight build up and then an ‘easy’ week…

but like I said I’m running everything faster (for me)… and I’m tired so the best I can say is “good for you” 😀 … heck with more miles, I want a nap… instead I’m going to my 16 year old’s track meet this afternoon and watch him pole vault and run… last week he ran PRs for the 1600, his leg of the 4×800 and the 4×400(first time) and vaulted 8′ which was also a PR since he just started about three weeks ago… and I’ll get re-motivated

don’t get me wrong… I’ll go out at lunch time and put in 5-6 miles but obviously I’m not not in the same league as you guys… but it IS inspiring and motivating to read these posts… maybe by summer I’ll be up in the bigger totals…

-R

ferris

I may run more miles tha you, but remember, we can make it all realtive by who improves more…..if you run a race and get a 15 second PR and I am 30 seconds off of mine..who is the winner? 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster
    ferris wrote:
    I may run more miles tha you, but remember, we can make it all realtive by who improves more…..if you run a race and get a 15 second PR and I am 30 seconds off of mine..who is the winner? 🙂

There’s the key. Training is a means to an end. The race results are the end. It doesn’t matter if I run 20 or 120 miles per week. If ferris beats me in a race, he wins.

ferris

IF??? whadya mean IF? it should be WHEN!!

🙂 🙂 🙂

but, if you keep up the 120’s and it will be a HUGE IF….maybe 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.