Weekly report 11/28 – 12/04

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Weekly report 11/28 – 12/04

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 13 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Ed 1

Rested Sunday after the 11 on Saturday. Ran 7 this AM with 6 strides – one stride after each mile save the last mile. Run was a little slow but it felt good.

What has been done or is planned by each of you?

Ed 1

Ran Tuesday night in the cold and light snow – did six miles and felt good. Did not want to run this AM but did it anyway – I felt like Smeagol/Golem arguing with myself every possible excuse to not run but the smarter half won – I ran six this morning.

Ed 1

Ran Tuesday night in the cold and light snow – did six miles and felt good. Did not want to run this AM but did it anyway – I felt like Smeagol/Golem arguing with myself every possible excuse to not run but the smarter half won – I ran six this morning.

Mark5000

Sun – 0

Mon – 0

Tue- 6.9 miles in 52:54 (7:40)

Wed – 5.2 miles in 41:00 (7:53)

Thu – 0

Fri – 0

Sat – 0

12.1 miles total

Got an inhaler for the exercise induced asthma, and felt fine in my one run with it. Unfortunately, what I hoped was just a sore achilles (had been bothering me for months) is now an injury. It doesn’t seem so bad… had to resist the temptation to race a 5K that I’d already payed for today, in a last ditch attempt to break 20:00 before I begin losing fitness due to this injury. Gonna try out the stationary bike tomorrow, and see if that bothers it at all. I have a feeling the elliptical would be even worse than running, and may be the reason my achilles got hurt in the first place.

Mark5000

Sun – 0

Mon – 0

Tue- 6.9 miles in 52:54 (7:40)

Wed – 5.2 miles in 41:00 (7:53)

Thu – 0

Fri – 0

Sat – 0

12.1 miles total

Got an inhaler for the exercise induced asthma, and felt fine in my one run with it. Unfortunately, what I hoped was just a sore achilles (had been bothering me for months) is now an injury. It doesn’t seem so bad… had to resist the temptation to race a 5K that I’d already payed for today, in a last ditch attempt to break 20:00 before I begin losing fitness due to this injury. Gonna try out the stationary bike tomorrow, and see if that bothers it at all. I have a feeling the elliptical would be even worse than running, and may be the reason my achilles got hurt in the first place.

r-at-work

Sun-2

Mon-0

Tue-5 – at the track3X1400 threshold

Wed-0

Thur-5- 4xmile threshold

Fri-0

Sat-10

total 22

the coaches have given me an easy month, working back up to miles & taking a look at the threshold pace… other parts of my life (work & kids) have me fairly well stressed out so even though the running seems easy I’m dragging the rest of the time…

-Rita

r-at-work

Sun-2

Mon-0

Tue-5 – at the track3X1400 threshold

Wed-0

Thur-5- 4xmile threshold

Fri-0

Sat-10

total 22

the coaches have given me an easy month, working back up to miles & taking a look at the threshold pace… other parts of my life (work & kids) have me fairly well stressed out so even though the running seems easy I’m dragging the rest of the time…

-Rita

Zeke

Sun 6

Mon 7 w/ strides AM and 10 w/ 3 @ MP PM

Tues 5 AM and 5 PM

Wed 12

Thur 8

Fri 5 w/ strides

Sat 18

Total 76 miles

Zeke

Sun 6

Mon 7 w/ strides AM and 10 w/ 3 @ MP PM

Tues 5 AM and 5 PM

Wed 12

Thur 8

Fri 5 w/ strides

Sat 18

Total 76 miles

Ed 1

Due to my cold I could hardly breathe so I ran no more this week than those two runs. So angry that I have been unable to breathe.

Ed 1

Due to my cold I could hardly breathe so I ran no more this week than those two runs. So angry that I have been unable to breathe.

Zeke
    Ed 1 wrote:

When I have a cold, the only time I can breath is when I’m running. That usually clears me right out. Unless you feel downright miserable, don’t let a little cold stop you from running.

Zeke
    Ed 1 wrote:

When I have a cold, the only time I can breath is when I’m running. That usually clears me right out. Unless you feel downright miserable, don’t let a little cold stop you from running.

randys
    Participant

Mon: 6

Tue: 7

Wed: 13

Thu: 7

Fri: 6

Sat: 12

Sun: 14

Total: 65

All easy mileage. I plan to maintain a base of 65-70 over the next 7 weeks. Then start race specific training for the Long Island marathon on May 1st.

I had a cold since Wed; it ended in my chest on Sat but I managed to plod through the run (about 30-45 sec/mile slower than usual).

Ed, you should try running with a cold; I have never regretted doing it. I always get home feeling better than before I left. Thats not to say I don’t hate the 1st few miles of the run; usually spend that time debating if I should turn for home and go back to bed. But after the 1st 20 minutes or so I begin to feel better, both mentally and physically, that I got out the door.

I think an aerobic workout helps to clear the lungs (as an asmatic I often have colds that effect my breathing).

Randy

randys
    Participant

Mon: 6

Tue: 7

Wed: 13

Thu: 7

Fri: 6

Sat: 12

Sun: 14

Total: 65

All easy mileage. I plan to maintain a base of 65-70 over the next 7 weeks. Then start race specific training for the Long Island marathon on May 1st.

I had a cold since Wed; it ended in my chest on Sat but I managed to plod through the run (about 30-45 sec/mile slower than usual).

Ed, you should try running with a cold; I have never regretted doing it. I always get home feeling better than before I left. Thats not to say I don’t hate the 1st few miles of the run; usually spend that time debating if I should turn for home and go back to bed. But after the 1st 20 minutes or so I begin to feel better, both mentally and physically, that I got out the door.

I think an aerobic workout helps to clear the lungs (as an asmatic I often have colds that effect my breathing).

Randy

Ed 1

The two runs I did that week were with the cold but the runs did not help clear me up – maybe I’m wierd that way. I could hardly function Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I don’t think that I could have paid attention to my surroundings – if I had nausea I would have thought that I had the flu – other than the nausea I felt like I had the Flu. But the cold is almost gone – finally after 8 days and I will run tonight. Will go for a very easy paced 8 miles.

Ed 1

The two runs I did that week were with the cold but the runs did not help clear me up – maybe I’m wierd that way. I could hardly function Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I don’t think that I could have paid attention to my surroundings – if I had nausea I would have thought that I had the flu – other than the nausea I felt like I had the Flu. But the cold is almost gone – finally after 8 days and I will run tonight. Will go for a very easy paced 8 miles.

JCWrs

Sunday: Off

Monday: 7.6 miles (1 mile warm-up in 9:00 and then fairly hard for the next 51:00)

Tuesday: 4 easy

Wednesday: 10.4 (90 minutes build-up run)

Thursday: 4 easy

Friday: 11 slow

Saturday: 4 easy

Total: 41

JCWrs

Sunday: Off

Monday: 7.6 miles (1 mile warm-up in 9:00 and then fairly hard for the next 51:00)

Tuesday: 4 easy

Wednesday: 10.4 (90 minutes build-up run)

Thursday: 4 easy

Friday: 11 slow

Saturday: 4 easy

Total: 41

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.