Weekly update 2/13-2/18.

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Weekly update 2/13-2/18.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 13 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Ed 1

I am finally getting consistent 🙂

Sun: 18.5 in 2:25:00

Mon: Rest Day

Tues: 9.5 w/4 @ lactate threshold.

Wed: 5.5

Thur: 10.5

Fri: 5.5

Sat: In Chicago

Total = 49.5

cameron

Sun – OFF

Mon – 4.5

Tue – 7.5

Wed – 5.5 <– rolled 21,000 on my personal running "odometer" 😀

Thu – 7.5

Fri – 4.75

Sat – 19.5

Total – 49.25

Ed 1

Congrats on the 21,000 miles 😯 Now that I am getting more consistent & increasing my mileage it should only take me about 7.5 years to get there. 😥

Anonymous

Mon: 10 miles mostly on trails…lots of serious uphills and descents..8:10 pace

Tues: AM: 8.2 miles easy with 5×100 strides, 7:28 pace

PM: strength training

Weds: 5 miles easy, 7:08 pace

Thurs: day off due to wisdom teeth extraction..slept/rested for most of the day

Fri: was recovered and fresh enough to do 6.7 miles easy (7:26 pace)

Sat: 16.2 miles, 7:34 pace…felt quite weak (elevated HR) due to the inadequate and liquidy diet since the extraction…struggled through the last few miles, miraculously intact…

Sun: scheduled rest day

Total: 46 miles (planned 60)

Hopefully I’ll be back to my normal diet again by Sunday or Monday..65 scheduled next week…

TimRuns

Sorry, double posts… 😳

Mon: 10 miles mostly on trails…lots of serious uphills and descents..8:10 pace

Tues: AM: 8.2 miles easy with 5×100 strides, 7:28 pace

PM: strength training

Weds: 5 miles easy, 7:08 pace

Thurs: day off due to wisdom teeth extraction..slept/rested for most of the day

Fri: was recovered and fresh enough to do 6.7 miles easy (7:26 pace)

Sat: 16.2 miles, 7:34 pace…felt quite weak (elevated HR) due to the inadequate and liquidy diet since the extraction and possibly dehydration…struggled through the last few miles, miraculously intact…

Sun: scheduled rest day

Total: 46 miles (planned 60)

Hopefully I’ll be back to my normal diet again by Sunday or Monday..65 scheduled next week…

Run

Mon—rest

Tue—12w/ [email protected] 6:45 ( this run was brutal 😯 )

Wed—6 easy

Thu—rest

Fri—12 felt recovered from Tues

Sat—6 easy

Sun—20 felt good 😀

Total 56 – 8 weeks to go!

Peter

Mon – rest

Tue – 7 w/ [email protected] 6:30 (felt amazingly smooth 😀 )

Wed – 5 easy

Thu – 6

Fri – 3

Sat – 8 @ 7:22 pace

Sun – 4 in the slush

Total – 33

I’d like to get to the point where I can feel good enough to do more 10+ milers. Just not there yet. I spoke to a friend who’s a Podiatrist, and he said I could come see him about my feet pain no problem. It used to be 3-4 months to get in to see him, but he just switched clinics. Think I’ll go see him soon.

Obvious that my speed didn’t suffer from my URI illness. As long as the feet thing isn’t serious, just gotta adhere to Zeke’s credo – roll miles!

stealthycat

Sun – 9.9

Mon – 6

Tues – 6.4

Wed – 10.2 w/ 20 min. w/u 3X3X3:00 intervals, sep by 2:00 recoveries, each set sep by 5:00 recoveries and 20:00 w/d

Thurs. – 8

Fri – 4.7 easy jog

Sat. – 13.1 – half marathon 1:45:26 and I know I did not run my best because I am not sore or tired. 😕

SwampTiger

Mon – Rest

Tue – 10

Wed – 9 w/ 5x [email protected] 5K pace

Thur – 6

Fri – 11

Sat – 8 w/ 10xstrides

Sun – 15 in 70F+, not used to that heat anymore. None of the waterfountains are turned on yet so I only had one waterbreak when I swung by the house. The second half was tough even though it was only 15 miles.

Total – 59 Recovery week. Peak at 70 next week.

Rob

randys
    Participant

Mon: 6 Easy

Tue: 7 Hill repeats (14x400m)

Wed: 13 Steady (7:55 pace)

Thu: 7 Hill repeats (6x400m, 4x800m)

Fri: 6 Easy

Sat: 16 Marathon pace (7:39 pace)

Sun: 12 Easy

Total: 67 miles (cutback week)

This was my last week of hill repeats (have been doing them twice a week for 4 weeks). I’m glad the’re over because I had to run them on the treadmill.

With 9 weeks to go I plan to shift my focus to tempo and marathon pace runs, plus 1600m intervals. In the past I did 800m intervals but I think longer tempo and mp runs will benefit me more then the shorter intervals.

I will also maintain weekly milage in the 70-75 range and do another 4 long runs of 22-24 miles.

Things still look good for a sub 3:19.

Randy

Zeke

S – 10

M – 7

T – 6 w/ strides AM & 5 w/ hills PM

W – 5

Th – 11 w/ 7 up-tempo AM & 5 PM

F – 6

S – 7

Total – 62 miles

r-at-work

everybody has them once in awhile, right… a bad run that is…

mine was Friday, I traded out my 2nd fast run and moved my long run to then since I had an all day Boy Scout function with my kids on Saturday that felt like a 20 miler last year…

it was cold and windy on Friday and by mile 16 my back & hips were cramping badly… went in, got on the treadmill hoping to thaw out & get the rest of the miles in, it was not to be, only did another mile and it was just getting worse instead of better… everything hurt

lots of Ibuprofen and Sunday on the couch… so completely different from the last 20 miler which seemed too easy… here it is Tuesday and I had the best track work out I’ve ever had… go figure…

-Rita

Had a rough week. I came down with a virus last Sunday after a very hard Tempo / long run. Had several death march runs but no workouts. Managed to pick it up a little on Thursday and thought I turned the corner health wise but it wasn’t to be. I actually ended up taking a step back on Friday and decided to take the day off. The only fortunate thing for me is that this was a recovery week. The plan called for 77 and I managed 64. Not good but I’ll take. This week caused me to question the value of doing easy pace runs when your sick. Hopefully it did me some good but it definitely sucked. Good news is I’m feeling better this week which is good since the program gets increasingly more difficult from here.

Week 10 – 8 to go – recovery week

Monday 8 in Loanaka – that sucked 8.0

Tuesday AM 6 on traction, PM too sick 6.0

Wednesday Easy 8.2 in CP, cancelled PM run 8.2

Thursday AM steady 7.8 on traction, PM 6 steady 13.6

Friday DNR – SICK –

Saturday traction, giralda, traction, home 11.5

Sunday Semi Long to Tony’s office, 12 mile loop, then home 16.5

Total Weekly Mileage 63.8

Total Monthly Milage 231.3

YTD Mileage 537.8

FRCRunner

Finally coming back after back injury

Sun: 5 miler in Missoula Montana up at 5000Ft in the snow. Awesome

Mon: Hiked up Mount Sentinel got into snow squal at the top

Tues: 6 mi with 4x800m at 6:55 pace. First hard workout. Felt easy.

Wed: 6.5 mi recovery run and 3.5 mi. recovery run in the evening

Thur: 60 min on bike AM and 5.5 mi. easy PM

Fri: off

Sat: 6 mi. marathon pace run and 30 min light weights

Total 31 miles pathetic but at least it is somethin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.