Will there be a Team Hillrunner.com at Crazylegs?

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Will there be a Team Hillrunner.com at Crazylegs?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

I saw Peter mention Crazylegs in another thread and wanted one more time to get a feel for the interest. Last time I threw out the idea, it seemed to go over with about as much success as I experience on the rare occasion I go to a swimming pool – it sunk quickly.

Since the topic was mentioned again and Peter seems definitely interested, I would like to get a feeling of whether there is enough interest from others to field a whole team. This is actually a great race both in terms of the level of competition you can expect to see (the year I ran, Mark Coogan finished second after being a top 20 finisher at Boston, I snuck into the top 10 with a 26:30-something) and in terms of simply being a fun race. If it works with your schedule, I would recommend doing it. So who’s in, who’s interested, and who could be coerced into doing it with enough persuasive talk? If there’s enough interest, I’d like to get team information and begin the process early.

Race information:

Crazylegs Classic

Madison, WI

April 30, 2005

Contact me (check the contact link on the left side of this page if you really can’t figure out how to contact me) if you’d like to join Team Hillrunner.com.

Peter

And I’ve recruited a potential team member if we need him. He and I run together occasionally, and are pretty comparable (40 something white guys who are sort of fast but not really). He’s probably good for a 30:00 or, and he’s run every race for the past 20 years. Let me know if you need him Ryan, b/c he’ll be running anyways.

As I stated, my goal is to be around 6:00 pace as well, and I feel good about what the last 3-4 weeks has brought. 15 weeks to go!!

Anonymous

I’m in. Not beaking any records, though.

-Ferris

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sounds like we have enough interest to at least attempt to get a team together. I’ll look up information on getting a team together this weekend and we’ll get the ball rolling.

Ferris, I doubt anyone is looking to break any records coming off winter training but at least it’s a good shot to inject some speed into the spring running, right?

Ed 1

I’ll have to see if Zeke reccomneds it or not for me since he is my coach and I need to listen to him more. But I would love a 10K at that time for a little more fine tuning in my training for Green Bay.

Anonymous
    Ryan wrote:
    Ferris, I doubt anyone is looking to break any records coming off winter training but at least it’s a good shot to inject some speed into the spring running, right?[/quote

yep. 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

OK, here’s the deal. There is no actual team competition at Crazylegs. All you get by entering as a team member is an embroidered cap and some plaque. The entry fee is $5 higher per person. Personally, I don’t think this is worth it. As far as I’m concerned, those of us who would like to could get together at the race and go out for lunch somewhere after but, unless others do, I don’t see the point in spending the extra $5 per entry to enter as a “team”.

One other thing, a “team” needs a minimum of 10 members.

To those interested, let me know what you think.

Anonymous

lame. let’s just run it and have a beer after. That’s “team” enough for me.javascript:emoticon(‘:D’)

-Ferris

Peter

No need to be a team for a cap and a plaque. Just run it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.